Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Mypillow - Standard Queen Classic Pillow Review

Have been blinded by barrage of television commercials about this pillow, but would never order a product like this without being able to touch and feel it beforehand. To my surprise while shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond I found 3 different displays in the same store with demo pillows open to touch and feel. The demo pillow felt very nice to me, full and firm...(understanding that the feel of a product like this is subjective to each person's tastes). Having had multiple cervical (neck) surgeries (fusions) and moderate discomfort since...especially at night...I decide to buy one and give it a try. Now, let me first say...the price tag on their website is absolutely INSANE...you are forced to buy TWO at the price of over $100 shipped! I have purchased many different pillows over the years, and most in the $29-$39 range, with a couple even cheaper for KING sized pillows!!! At BB&B the pillows were $49.99 each---still very expensive for a pillow on sale. I purchased the FIRM pillow, as I need a great deal of support to alleviate my neck pain. The firm model felt very densely packed yet soft to the touch. I get the pillow home and open it the same day. It comes in a plastic bag and feels just as dense as the demo did-while unopened. BUT---as soon as you remove it from the vacuum sealed plastic bag, the pillow turns into a pillow case seemingly filled only two thirds of the way with mostly free moving fill inside...not firm or dense at all. Furthermore - when laid across an outstretched arm, the pillow literally folded in half over my arm. When laid on a bed, a touch of the center of the pillow creates a gorge or valley in the middle...again by no means FIRM or dense like the demo. I defer to the claims stated by the owner Mike Lindell(sp?) in his television commercial, 'the pillow adjusts to your EXACT individual needs and holds that support all night long', and I decide to try it out anyway. I mean who knows...maybe there is something technological about the fill that makes it work?! As soon as I lay my head on the pillow, my head sinks down almost to the bed, with my chin behind the front of my shoulders. This is definitely not the properly aligned spine that his commercial promised. I then pack all the stuffing towards the center and lay on it, and now I feel like I am laying on a pile of lumpy marble-sized bumps. Not comfortable at all, but my neck is supported better. However, less than 45 minutes after falling asleep I awake to neck pain because my head is almost touching the bed again and the fill is surrounding my ears like a helmet. That finished it for me. I think to myself it must be a defective pillow...the demo model did not feel at all like this. I take it back the next day and show it to the manager. When placed side by side with the demo, it was visually clear that this pillow was nowhere near as filled or firm as its demo was. He gives me a new one which we take out of the box to feel before I leave...it feels very firm and densly filled. I leave feeling relieved that it was a defect and not a scam in the consumer. Later that day, I take the pillow out of its bag...NOT AGAIN!!! Yes indeed!!! As soon as the air rushes into the pillow as the vacuum bag is opened, the pillow turns into a loose sachel with some lumpy foam marbles in it that barely half-fill the pillow case. I am now quite frustrated to say the very least and take it back to the store the same day. I speak with the same manager as I did earlier. He and I open 4 other pillows, each time removing the vacuum sealed bag, and find they are all the same limp sachels with some fill that could in no way be described as a pillow-let alone a FIRM pillow. I wasted a lot of time, travel expense, and endured quite a bit of added pain to return and exchange a product that was clearly promised and guaranteed by the owner of the company to perform above all other pillows, only to realize that Mike Lindell is just another lying cheating scamming entrepreneur, selling potions of youth and bridges for a quarter! Don't waste your time or money on this product. I wonder if Rose Nylan is his quality control person. What an eyesore for the reputation of the state of Minnesota and its workers! He should not be advertising such garbage as a product of your great state.
#1719107

Amen on my 2nd return of said pillows. They were supposed to send the original pillows I bought in 2015 WITH NO GUSSETS!

What did I get??

The same damn pillows. Never buy theses pillows it's the "ole bait and switch"

The pillows I received did not say to put them in the dryer. No mention of that.

My friend let me try hers. It came in a bag with instructions to put in dryer for 15 minutes. I tried her pillow and liked it. Then I ordered the exact same pillows.

HATE them! What a waste of my money. No instructions to put in dryer, but did so.

Pillows are so uncomfortable my neck hurts. Wake with headaches.

Does no one read directions anymore? Put it in the dryer for 15 minutes and you wouldn't have this issue.

This is a defective customer, not a defective pillow. One would think you would read directions if all of the pillows were the same when opened in the store.

You are supposed to run the pillow in the dryer BEFORE using to expand filling after being vacuum sealed for so long

I thought you were supposed to put it in the dryer for 15 mins when you open it to fluff out all of the filling. Did you try doing that?

Thanks for the info before I purchase one at that price

Did you read directions? Fluff it up in the dryer for 15 minutes?

You didn't read the directions did you? Shame!

Shame! Shame!

@Anonymous

There were absolutely no directions in any of the boxes at BB&B. Did you order yours directly from mypillow?

The ones at BB&B come in a large pillow box and pillow is full size in the bag. People who ordered them from mypillow received their pillows rolled up in a tight bag---which required fluffing....NOT the pillow at BB&B.

I am not shouting, just emphasizing. ;)

View more comments (7)
Mypillow Standard Queen Classic Pillow
Bad quality

MyPillow - Who is Buying these Horrible Pillows?.................

My Wife bought the Hype about these pillows. (The Ads NEVER STOP). I used mine for 2 Hours, my Wife Suffered though a whole night. In the Morning our two Beagles got them and they actually Liked them. So if you have Dogs, get these Miserable Pillows. My Question is who the heck is buying these Terrible things. People must still be buying them to pay for the Endless number of Highly Annoying Ads they run on every Channel every day. I just don't understand why there is anyone one left that does not know how BAD they are??? I guess that P.T. Barnum was right: "There is a Sucker born every Minute".

I wanted to love it for weeks. All the commercials made me think there was something wrong with ME for not loving it.

It sucks!!!! What a scam, no fill at all.

10 minutes after putting your head on it it goes flat. $50 down the drain, piece of ***.

We agree. Terrible Pillows.

Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Warm other people any this Junk.

Mypillow - Pillow Review

This is the worst, worst pillow I have ever tried. Complete joke. Total fraud.

Its the worst *** pillow ever. I am awake at 3:19am right now because my neck is killing me from this pillow. Dont bother with this ***!!!

Thanks for the review. I was rushing out to buy one today.

But after reading all the reviews. I changed my mind.A after seeing the commercials. It sounded so good. Can't seem to find a pillow that I can enjoy after a few months.

Really thought my pillow would be the one. Oh well

Mypillow Pillow Review

This is the worst pillow I have ever tried. Don't biy this garbage. You will be extremely disappointed!

Mypillow Pillow Review

I bought the my pillow at walmart gave over50 dollars. The pillow is horrible i woke up with my neck and the back of. My head was in pain this pillow is a scam i have tried alot of different pillows this is the worst

Mypillow - Commercial Review

Most annoying commercial, I literally scramble to change the channel as soon as it comes on. Mike's annoying voice is more effective to put you to sleep than any pillow.

Your comment is annoying.

It is an annoying commercial and what is so frustrating is to have to look stem to the bull&@ ad with promo for 50% off which is bogus !

First I thought so too but not now, he started the company, made a great product and is successful, he is just very proud and he should be.

I get so annoyed listening to this *** Artist on every other commercial ! Who in their right mind would ever buy a useless peice of garbage for $90.00 !

The biggest Scam on National TV today !! I know several people who have had their money stolen by believing this pillow is such a great deal !

I think Mike Lindell should be arrested for false advertising and Grand Larceny. And by the way, The National Sleep Foundation was created by this Scam Artist too !

View more comments (3)
Review
#981995 Review #981995 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mypillow Commercial
Bad quality

MyPillow - Scam advertising on price and quality, improvement in sleep quality.

I went to mypillow.com expecting to find what was advertised - buy 1, get one free for 19.95. Price listed was $89 or $95 each, did get one free. Even after I entered the promo, all it did was deduct price for 2nd pillow, still the above outrageous prices. I have severe insomnia and when I heard their promotions, I thought if they were true, my life would be so much better. This is a scam outfit and in reading the reviews, found the people that did pay the high prices were very dissatisfied with their pillows. Buyer beware - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I have gotten charged 197$ for 2!!!! Buy one get one free. 200$$$$

How do u figure it is buy one get one free when it cost like $100 for two pillows that is not a deal.

I've never seen this advertised for $19.95. All the commercials I've seen never say the price, just the bo/go offer.

@Anonymous

It's advertised as buy one at $19.95, and get the second pillow absolutely free where i live. I live in New York.

you can only be surprised if you didn't research to find out that the "FAMOUS SLEEP INSTITUTE" that recommends the pillow is also owned by the guy that sells the MY PILLOW

View more comments (4)
Service
Mypillow Buy One Get One Free Deal
Not as described/ advertised

1.5
The so-called firm pillow was anything but firm. Woke up with my head touching the mattress and the fill pushed to both ends of the pillow. absolute garbage

Mypillow Pillow Review

Received a mypillow for Christmas and it is the worst pillow I've ever had. My neck and back ache and I've woken up multiple times in the middle of the night from this *** overpriced pillow. Can't wait to return it. I'd rather use a $3 Walmart pillow.

Mypillow - Commercial Review

I would never buy my pillow just because the commercial is on constantly and it is SO annoying that I switch channels to avoid listening to it!!

I was scammed by the awesome auger ad years ago. I got in touch with Attorney General of NY, Cuomo, at the time.

His office sent the name of a rep to contact and when the crooks heard who was helping me they sent a total refund including the "shipping and handling" charges which were part of the scam.

The auger cost was the usual $19.95 and the shipping and handling brought it to over $100. Everyone should report this guy to the Attorney general in his state and get the ball rolling for a class action suit.

I know what you mean.

There used to be this cleaning commercial and whenever the guy came on in the commercial, I would casually say"oh,drop dead".

Would you believe, he actually did?

Be careful not to get yourself in the same predicament over annoying commercials.

It haunted me for a long time.

Mypillow Commercial