Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Mypillow - Pillow Review from Forney, Texas

I can't accurately put into words how upset I was at myself for falling for another scam and gimmick like "my pillow". I should have known that the excitement of its creator as he emphatically proclaimed it will change your life was too good to be true. Not only did the pillow disappoint, I already own several that I prefer and none of the claims made ring true for me regarding the "my pillow ". It didn't take me long to actually throw it away because it just isn't a good pillow. Plain and simple, it's just like the pillows that I had as a kid and I am 38. Great marketing and enthusiasm caused me to basically fall for another scam. That word scam is pretty harsh, but when you claim the pillow will help me get the best sleep I've ever had and change my life, I at least expect it to be better than average and if anything this pillow caused me more restlessness. You got me sir. I hope your 15 minutes are drawing to a close as I am sure you are financially secure for the remainder of your life and I hope the amount of people that fall for this gimmick are limited going forward.
Bad quality

MyPillow in Portland, Oregon - MAKES ME SWEAT!

1.5
After one wash, I started sweating profusely on my neck and head. I purchased a down alternative pillow to see if it made a difference - and I no longer had the sweating issue. It's nothing more than a bunch of cheap memory foam cut up into tiny pieces-you could make one yourself by purchasing some memory foam! VERY misleading about the 10 year guarantee - you can only return it within 60 days - after that, they will only EXCHANGE it for you if the seams come apart - THAT'S the guarantee. Overpriced, a gimmick, and can't get my money back.

We received our MyPillow and yes, we experienced excessive night time sweating. In fact we have to turn the pillow at least once or twice a night. It helped to put a towel over the pillow which makes us very concerned about what treatment the foam/pillow has received and if it might be toxic.

My pillow is the worst pillow EVER.50 bucks I sweat all freaking night plus they sell u the premium pillow which does not. Conform bragging made in America is SAD

I to am sweating a lot.... i like it otherwise...

though sweating, im not all hot....

head is still cool. Odd indeed

View more comments (2)
Mypillow Pillow
Cons
  • Lying about paying for return
  • Entire process

Mypillow - Pillow Review from Florissant, Missouri

I purchased my pillow from bed bath and beyond, because I know those infomercials try to make you buy everything but what you're shopping for. the first one I got was so hard it hurt my neck really bad. I took it back within a few days and got the softer one. Another joke it is so soft you almost have to fold it in half. It's hot after lying on it for about an hour. it's too late to return it because I didn't keep that box. To be perfectly honest, the first thing I thought of was memory foam, after trying to get some sleep with it. I had a mattress with that same *** and it was HOT! I with highly recommend refraining from paying that much money for a pillow that will not work as claimed. I went back to using pillows that I had from before.

MyPillow in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Scam calls and email

My Pillow has been calling and waking me up, sending email, for close to three weeks, unsolicited and unwanted, in violation of Federal Do Not Call and also possibly of Federal laws regarding randomly generated calls and scam calls. They refuse to erase my information, continue to call, and are incredibly rude when I complain, including giving me the "runaround" when I demand a supervisor, putting me on hold between each employee that they bounce me back and forth to. They've been sarcastic and have used a patronizing tone of voice. The supervisors like to hang up when they can't dazzle you with their dancing or baffle you with their BS, not a good business tactic. If you need pillows, it would be better to buy from an established local business that has a good track record and easy return/exchange policy... the complaints found online about this product include pillow falling apart quickly, lumpy and not holding shape, not staying cool, smells making customers sick, independent lab reports that say such materials have outgassing chemicals that are toxic, cannot get dry in dryer, sending wrong item without resolution, forcing customer to pay exhorbitant shipping fees to return, delaying exchange or resolution until warrantee expires, sneaky fine print and adding credit card charges/double charging without permission of credit card owner with empty threats if customer catches it... They carefully infer that their pillow miraculously cures everything but the common hangnail, but it cannot. If you have sleep apnea, obesity, diabetes, depression/anxiety or other affective issues that can interfere with sleep, fibromyalgia, osteo- or rheumatoid arthritis, oncologic issues, cardiopulmonary disease, alcoholism, drug side effects, environmental issues and so on, this pillow cannot help and real professionals can. Be aware that their testimonials are anecdotal, statistically skewed and insignificant, and that any private lab they might use is like "the fox guarding the henhouse." Mike The Salesman wears a huge cross to subliminally manipulate potential customers into associating his business with caring and honesty, but it isn't, according to complaints seen online and filed with the proper agencies. He shames all real American businesses who work so hard to earn a living with good products and services. I couldn't find a toll-free number and they cost me money when I called back at the toll number on caller ID, and isn't that interesting when, in fact, they do have 800 numbers, which my Attorney General was glad to give me as well as sending me a formal complaint form... and the SG's office said they have lots of other complaints already. Folks, it's an infomercial, and they are trying to sell as much as they can before the fad is over and they disappear. Your mother told you when you were a kid that "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is..." and she was right. Don't place undeserved value on My Pillow just because they are ridiculously expensive... that's a logic fallacy and well-known psychological tactic. Be an informed consumer, and don't fall for it. Buy from a reliable local merchant who won't disappear, stands by their promise courteously, offers value, and doesn't need to sucker you with late-night infomercials that prey upon your pain and suffering by causing you to suffer more, once you realize they scammed you. PT Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute." Please, prove Barnum wrong: take your hard-earned money elsewhere.

AMEN!

You're a load of ***! You don't even own the pillow. Maybe do an actual review on something you own, not on your delusions...creep!

I am almost positive this company does not makes cold calls, are you sure you aren't in need of this pillow??!! It doesn't even sound like you own the pillow...how can you complain about something you have never owned?

Sure, not all people are going to like it, but I have talked to many people that love theirs.

I think you are a crock of BS yourself!! Get a life and find something better to do with your time!!

@Anonymous

Just bought the pillow today. It is everything negative that has been mentioned.

No *** here.

Do not buy. The worst pillow I have ever come across......

View more comments (3)
Mypillow Pillow
Cons
  • Harassment
  • Scam calls
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Erase/destroy every speck of my personal information from their records and never contact me again in any format.

MyPillow - THANK YOU!

I have been looking for a comfortable pillow for a long time and have tried most of them. Looking at reviews from customers who have purchased an item always helps me make a decision as to whether I want to purchase and item or not. I have read all the reviews regarding MY Pillow and have taken into consideration the pros and the cons. I would like to thank everyone for their honest reviews, it has helped me make up my mind as to whether to purchase MY PILLOW or not. My decision is to save my money and not purchase MY PILLOW.

I wish I would l have read the reviews before making a purchase.

A sales gimmick is the truth. The best use is to cover the south end after taking a healthy Dump.

The TURD is to big to flush down my toilet.

Save your money the product is a Big TURD.

Granny 2013

MyPillow in Eden Prairie, Minnesota - Large Scam

Three of my co workers and myself fell for this "fake pillow". All of us agreed that it was a trick, a gimmic without filling any of its claims. Two of us threw them in the car trunk for winter survival. Any pillow at any store in the U.S.A will be better. Amazing this company is allowed to falsely market this rotten pillow. There has to be laws that prevent false claims at the expense of the consumer. Take time to research all sleep related products before enriching these shysters. I wouldn't make a decision to purchase this or try it, you will regret the sore neck and back that comes with it!
Review
#631910 Review #631910 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Quit selling this horrible pillow
Featured

MyPillow in New York, New York - Makes You Pay When Their Product Fails

MyPillow - Makes You Pay When Their Product Fails
The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company and told them about it. They told me to pack the pillow up, take it to the post office and mail it back to them. I said, "So you guys sold me a defective product and now to rectify your faulty workmanship, I have to spend time packing it up, wait in line at the P.O. and then incur further expense of my own in shipping it back to you? How about if I take a picture of it and e-mail you the picture?" Guy said nope, I'd have to ship it back at my own expense. I told him I could sew it up myself in the time it would take to pack it and stand in line and it wouldn't cost me the money to ship it, either. He said you'll void your warranty if you do that. I said, well what good is the warranty when it will cost me extra money whenever your product that is supposed to be of quality fails? He basically said well, that's our policy, take it or leave it. His whole demeanor was that of not really giving a fig. This company represents itself as one that takes pride in its work and cares about its customers. Once they get your money, you're pretty much on your own and SOL though. Do not do business with these people.

No fan of this company here but you sound like a hopeless fool. How long will a company stay in business if it accepts “photos” of damaged products as claim against their warranty?

Like there aren’t thousands of photos around online you could send in and claim is your pillow. Also get off your lazy {{Redacted}} and go to the post office.

You want them to believe your photo evidence without returning defective product and send you another pillow while you sit on your rear end. I’d say the only one trying to scam anyone is you.

@Clearbluesky

Rude as ***

See it up and forget about warranty.

Stop your wining !!

Just go to a box store and buy a couple of regular pillows you can thank me later after you wear them out in a couple of years and dont have to deal with the *** in a warranty dept.

Cmon do you really expect to be any kind of warraty. On a pillow? Even if advertized you should hve taken it with a grain of salt

Enough about Amazon..talk about thieves. 99$ a year for prime and still want to charge you for 73% or the videos they list..free shipping, not so.

Prices are different for prime users and smaller items are listed as add on items so you don't /get free shipping at all...smart enough here to dump that scam.... By the way, my pillow is an awesome product.

Wow same Bravo near my pillow is also coming apart at the seams. But I have have my throat for at least 8 years and it was a great pillow great night's rest.

I have exactly the same issue. Their PR dept is genius making the public buy all the hype about how great their products is.

Not only did my pillow come apart at the seam after a few months of use, but it went flat after a few months. Waste of money. Thanks for your comment about the return policy.

I'll take the advice of another anonymous and buy a new pillow elsewhere.

Wondering how many of his employees are E-verified.

#1120846

save yourself the 50 or 100 dollars or whatever and just go to wal-mart and buy a nice sleep serenity pillow for 25-30 dollars and thank me later.

Thanks for the reviews!!! You just changed my mine on purchasing a pair of them also. Sounds like just another rip-off.

After reading all these negative reviews about the company "MY PILLOW" . I would like to thank you all for helping me make my hands down decision.

So I'm ordering 4 tonight...

JUST KIDDING.... But I was ready to order 2 with the promo code (my97) to bring the price down to 100 thanks again

@Anonymous

It's a great pillow. A lil expensive but I sleep great. No neck pain that I used to have a def wake up less

@Anonymous

I looked at my pillow website and found something odd. They offered to let you buy one pillow and get one free for only $99.97.

Then they say, if you want one pillow, it is only $49.99.

If that is the case, where is the so-called free pillow?

If it was truly 2 for 1, then the price should have been $49.99 for two pillows.

Stay away from this company. It doesn't pass the smell test.

@whooosh

Man you got them... except that they are different pillows.

Really, to come in and try to libel someone in a feeding frenzy here when the comfort of a pillow is a very subjective thing. Many seem to like them; others, not so much.

wishitwere
@whooosh

I agree.

Thank you for the picture it is a perfect visual that the pillow is not made well. The stuffing along says alot.

Also to read the complains of return is a nightmare and a road I do not wish to travel. Thank you and all who have taken the time to provide personal review of my pillow.

Same me from stress anxiety and frustration - who needs that and shame on the company for bad behavior. Good faith business always wins when manufacture steps up to plate in doing the right thing in customer safaction.

@Anonymous

How about it buy some styrofoam and get one of my old pillow case and make my own My Pillow. Sorry I don't see anything special about this pillow.

If you want a wonderful pillow try the sleep innovation pillow.

It is recommended by most chiropractors and massage therapists. My doctor recommended it after my car accident.

THIS example goes to show that you can NEVER trust any fancy TV commercial ad.........reviews are the way to go. Research any info-mercial type goods BEFORE you part with your money!

OP: if it helps, get the attention of your local TV media OR file a complain with the AG where Mypillow is.

Hate it when companies do not honor their word and sell you *** stuff without recourse. Not the right way to do business!

Last time I checked, even Wal-Mart doesnt give me gas money to return a product to them!

@Anonymous

But this ain't Walmart, where you go all the time; This is a company from where you order one-time and where shipping costs time and money. Read the OP's post.

Just because their product was defective should he/she have to waste time and a $25 shipping bill (My Pillow only takes UPS or FedEx, not USPS) to get satisfaction on a defective product?

From the photo, it is obvious the pillow was defective. From reading other reviews, the seam issue is a common one and even when the pillows have been returned for replacement, little satisfaction has been granted to customers by this scam of an outfit.

Good point

@Anonymous

Amazon accepts returns at no cost if the reason for returning is their fault. They even send UPS to pick up the package and put on a sticker with the address for the return.

Check these places out before buying from them.

You get what you pay for. If you return a small inexpensive item to Amazon they will tell you to keep the item and they send you another one.

@Anonymous

Amazon is amazing - it's my 'go to' place to buy anything I can! :o) Their customer service sets the standard.

ransom
@Anonymous

Yes, I'm not too happy with the way they treat their employees but they do an AWESOME job for their customers.

I use them all the time in spite of a few reservations. Call me hypocritical and you'd be right :-)

Yeah that's standard practice to avoid people scamming for extra products. It costs approximately $5 to ship the package and saves you from paying ~$40 for a new one.

@Anonymous

Look at the picture posted; It's clearly a defective product that should have been replaced by the company without the consumer having to spend time, effort and money to have replaced.

Are a frigging ***, or an ***???? ALL companies require you to send the product back to them at YOUR expense.

@Anonymous

Not so, ***. When the hard drive on my H-P computer failed when it was still under warranty, they sent me a pre-paid container in which to send it back to them and they quickly replaced it with a functioning one.

@Anonymous

Yes, this poster who is sticking up for this company which probably will not even be in business within a year or so to honor their "10 year warranty" is delusional. He/she is probably a shill for this company that will most likely be dissolved after this heavily funded media blitz plays out.

@Anonymous

This "Company" has already been around for 10 years and isn't going anywhere.

@Anonymous

Yeah, look. They are from Minneapolis, Minnesota also.

Where the company is. Hmmm.

Anon May 7 # 980990

You are without a doubt a real ***. Wrong!

Not all companies require products to be sent back at the expense of the one who got screwed by inferior products.

I sure hope you live out in the boonies and have no dealings with the public sector.

Your attitude is really effed up.

From Carla R.

@Anonymous

WRONG - most honorable companies will pay for return shipping if their product(s) are not satisfactory. Wise up people!

@Anonymous

Your lack of consumer experience is showing.

@Anonymous

Worth the yearly fee of 25.00 for an amazon account. I have ordered hundreds of items through them.

Some I had to return. Amazon always pays for my returns and gives me full credit.

Also I always check out reviews before making purchases. Companies selling their stuff will almost always lie to consumers. Dissatisfied buyers you can trust.

Read reviews. M.

@Anonymous

Wrong ***. Many companies send a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) label.

Only B.S. companies make you send back at your,own expense while still under warranty.

View more comments (36)
Review
#631902 Review #631902 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mypillow Pillow
Cons
  • Warranty shipping policy
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

MyPillow in Denver, Colorado - Very poor product.

I was assured when i first saw how small they were that they were shrink wrapped and if i was not satisfied they would cover the return. I opened them and followed instructions. They are cheaply put together and smell foul. When washed the water is so heavy in the pillow it does not come out. For a person as i with neck problems, it was very hard to even get the water flooded pillow out of the washer let alone outside to drain and then into the dryer. The dryer has been running all day to dry one pillow and it is still not dry. Do not buy

What junk and a complete waste of money.

Just spend $4 at Walmart and get a better pillow.

@Sam Sherer

That’s true. Walmart has some very similar pillows

DismalWhiteRhinoceros
@Sam Sherer

Funny about it I just made the same complaint after fighting with the company I gave up. That is where I think they're hoping people will do.

It is a fraud. You're right I went to Walmart bought a pillow there and it's better than my pillow.

View more comments (2)
Mypillow Pillow
Cons
  • Lying about paying for return
Preferred solution
pay for return mailing and wrapping and full refund for this garbage.

Mypillow Pillow Review

I got 2 pillows for Xmas from my hubby. He kept asking me how I liked them so I finally told him they sucked! Very lumpy and very uncomfortable. Had I known he spent a lot on them I would have answered sooner and sent them back! I'll stick to my feather pillows.
Bad quality

MyPillow - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!

I bought these pillows to try them out because of neck issues. They were terrible. We go to return them and they want to charge me 30.00 to ship them back! I called to complain that and the guy said well to get them back you need to pay that and HUNG UP ON ME!! AWFUL DO NOT BUY!!!!! Not worth the money either. I'm pissed!! You would think after calling and complaining they would want to make the customer happy. Well no, complete opposite!! Please don't waste your time with even looking at these pillows or reading about them. Go somewhere else!!
Problems with payment