Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

MyPillow - Buy one get one free is a ripoff

ordered the buy one get one free and when it came there was only one and when I called and left three messages they finally called back and told me I only ordered one and I got it at fifty percent off that the pillows are one hundred a piece the web site is very confussing and I never would have bought it if it was that much it's just a scam so make sure your clear on what your getting because if you return it it will cost you another ten dollars shipping so your out twenty dollars and no pillow do not get fooled

Total ripoff. TV promo states buy one, get one free.

When ordering was told total price was over $100. Told them to cancel and was sent to service dept. Apparently the order hadn't gone through and the lady would call me the next day to confirm cancellation.

Of course she never called. I finally put a stop on my credit card.

Same issue! Misleading advertising, pillow just a bunch of cut up foam pieces (someone else's old pillows cut up?)!

Woman on phone not at all helpful, this will be going back! DO NOT fall for this "folksy" come on ad!

View more comments (1)

Mypillow Pillow Review

Junk - constantly had to ajust the "fluff". Might support for 15 minutes...too much effort...exhausting....no good sleeping here...

Mypillow - Pillow Review from Lincoln, Nebraska

Got a postcard in the mail to come out to the mall and get a free pillow or 50% off everything in the store. When I got there they wanted &49.00 for one pillow. When questioned they said that their prices were 50% of store prices and that they were an outlet. Just a big scam! Don't fall for it. I was so mad I left with out my free travel size pillow. It was all a lot of false advertising!

It was a big scam that they offered you a pillow for 50% off of regular price and offered you a free travel pillow as well?

Those bastards! How dare they promote their store and offer you something free to get you to come in! And even offered you a discount?!

For shame!

Mypillow - Pillow Review from Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

5.0
Omgah I love this pillow! I have spent soo much money on down pillow.. Neck pillows etc stu had horrible neck pain and low back pain. I ordered this pillow from qvc and when I got it I fluffed in dryer per directions and used it that night and since have had no back or neck pain!! In love and going to order one for my husband.

I bought two for my wife and I and we both are dissapointed with this product I was using eddie Bauer pillows and they are much better. I am going to attempt to send these pillows back but after reading the reviews on this it may be difficult.

My advice is do not get scammed by My Pillow though I have to hand it to them on the very believable advertising.

Review

MyPillow in Johnstown, New York - BEWARE!!!! Buy one-- get NONE free!!!! RIP OFF, false advertising

1.9
I fell for the buy one get one free. I paid over $64 and expected to get TWO pillows, buy one get one free. Well one arrived and the invoice read $109 less $64 discount...billed $64. Thats NOT what I agreed to. I agreed to pay $64 for two pillows. I called customer service several times finally got through on the third try. Was told that the regular price was 109 and i got 50% off. This was NOT what i expected was told or wanted. they refused a return and hung up on me. $64 for one pillow, I got suckered. SO BEWARE Do not fall for the buy one get one free...I bought one and got none free.

Have been ripped off by not one but THREE of their so-called promos. My own fault I guess.

I should have known better after the first time they scammed me. Too bad but will not spend another cent at the very dishonest My Pillow company.

The My Pillows are nice except they do have an odd odor. Sort of like a ***.

The $49 BBB pillow is a standard non-gussetted MyPillow. If you look at the website.

you are buying two premium gussetted pillows

for $99 plus shipping/tax. The company is not ripping you off, consumers just need to read the sales information, like I did before purchasing the pillow. I find the pillows very comfortable and slept soundly. I find the gussetted pillows a little firmer which are better for me.

Others in my family like the standard non-gussetted MyPillow. That is a matter of personal preference.

I was ripped off by their tv commercial. I ordered one and was supposed to get one free with my promo code.

When I did the on line checkout, it added up to 108. dollars and some change....plus shipping . I saw the same single pillow in Bed, Bath and Beyond for $49.00. So how do they figure they gave me a free pillow ?

I was ripped off.

And, I have to say, I have never had more neck pain than I have had sleeping on their pillows that DO NOT keep their shape all night. I should have known better than to order anything off of television.

I have two pillows and I do like them. HOWEVER, their ad is a phony.

I bought my pillows at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are $50.00 a piece and the 20 % coupons reduce the price.

They should be reprimanded for their ad.

WordOfMouth4Change
@Anonymous

They HAVE been reprimanded ! The Better Business Bureau just changed their rating to an F for misleading customers about its' Buy One Get One Free promotion !http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/better-business-bureau-revokes-mypillow-accreditation-article

Thanks I knew something seems odd

I purchased the buy one get one free king size along with two travel pillows for $99. Paid $20 shipping.

Received all 4 pillows the Premium. Although Walmart has it for $49, that was for classic standard/queen pillow.

So I believe although my cost came out to $60 per pillow, I'm happy to have gotten the king premiums and the 2 travel ones. Yes online seems more expensive but the 4 pillow deal seems the way to go.

they are clearly no doubt my pillow is clearly misrepresented on TV. It is not a buy one get one free offer you can go to Walmart and buy one for $50 but you go online and it's $90 that's $40 more so how can he say it's free clearly a lie and misrepresenting his product

Sounds like a lie since they have a no risk money back guarantee

#1206347

Not one person has said if the pillow is any good.

#1205374

*** you can buy them at wal mart for 50 bucks a piece an not have to wait the pillows are probably just as phony

@Anonymous

But you can easily return them to Walmart , but you must have your receipt. Try it a few nights.

If it's not good for you, return it. Say it's not what you expected.

#1194628

I was in the process of submitting my order for the BOGO pillow when I decided to read the posted comments. I am so disappointed because I was purchasing this for my wife who is in chronic pain with MS.

Thanks for your comments.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good pillow? Signed KJ in Salisbury.

@Kenneth Johnson

walmart got good regular pillows under 20 bucks

#1192375

your lucky. i paid 99.99 for 1 pilow and claims i got 1 free.

sent email to them and really dont expect to get answer. go rooked into it just like you

I just ordered two pillows for the BUY ONE GET ONE FREE

Only $99.97 For Two MyPillows! (With Promo Code) deal.

I should have looked at these reviews first. At least I got the correct price. Once delivered and I try it out, I will add to this review.

One is for me and the other for my wife. I am tired of the pillows that go flat after awhile.

~Bill

My mother did the buy one get one free and paid $100. I am so angry. This is such a scam.

Thanks for posting - I was wondering. Good to know.

WALMART HAS THESE PILLOWS FOR 49.99

Simple. It's a *** game down to the locals he hired for the picture with 100 people in the picture.

He always looked like a *** man but now he's proved it.

Yes.. You can buy the *** thing at wal mart for 49 bucks but buy one get one was 100 bucks for 2 on web site..

Just buy 2 at wal mart!

Same *** price.. Where is the free anything?

I've called this business and have been put on hold for ETERNITY!!! therefore I went to website and proceeded to

Checkout counter and $99.00 pillow plus one free became

Total $209.00 therefore I decided this is a MAJOR SCAM ARTIST

DISGUSTING...

I should have known when I noticed the man spokesman DYES HIS HAIR... HES FAKE and his business is FAUX2!!

@Anonymous

Plus he wears a cross necklace and makes sure it SHOWS, like because of that you can trust him. I wear a cross necklace sometimes for personal reasons sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't but it means something to me, because I am. So he wears a cross that don't mean anything to him if he rips off people, does not refund or stand by his product.

I will mind what you say. Everyone's too greedy I guess, Thanks for not letting me fall for it!!

The promo says buy one get one... One is $50 on ebay two will cost $99.97... That is clearly fraudulent advertisement!!!

THANK YOU! for this information. Anything that sounds to good to be true always is!

Wow...I can't believe all of these negative reviews. I almost bought on this site, as well. I hate the fact that there are so many bad companies on the web that just want "our money!" Sean Hannity and other talk show hosts go on and on about this company - I was even going to order a few of their pillows for gifts, for my family for X-mas - so upset that this is a "fraud!"...well, thank you so much everyone for all of the feedback!!!!

beware of online ordering.

I ordered from Etsy.

I got billed and after a month, I got

nothing and can't get a way to get in

touch with them.

Grace1957
@Anonymous

This on-line ordering is getting out of hand I feel sorry for you, me and many, many people this happens to. Be very careful and that's sad for me because I am Disabled and cannot get out to stores anytime I want.

I Thank God for this site so we can check out reviews and everything. All the reviews on his site were positive. I wonder what he does with the bad reviews.?

I think I am not sure that he said on a TV ad about the company being on the National Sleep ***. I hope someone looks into that.

@Anonymous

What does that have to do with MyPillow?

I am so thankful for this information. I have fallen for sales tactics like this before and have lost all the expected specials! A note , if bought through Amazon , much cheaper then bought through the My Pillow company!

Thanks for the review. I almost bought, but saw review and no way.

I had a similar experience with Humble Abode when ordering a Wesley Allen Iron Bed. Got my money back after about 3 months and no delivery.

I really was thinking of purchasing MY PILLOW when I saw the advertisement for BOGO but after reading all these reviews on the company practices I will find another pillow and most likely won't spend so much. Too bad for the company since it's made in America but if the company doesn't stand by it's advertisement then that's not good!

So sorry MY PILLOW company. Clean up your act on business practices.

Same experience - yesterday. and when I called - it was like a scene out of 5 easy pieces - the 'supervisor' was like a robo call - repeating from script. If enough people have this experience (and we submit it to our respective state consumer protection agencies for complaint - maybe they'll get restitution for us and fine them heavily

What about the 60 day money back guarantee??

Thank you for your review.I was just about to order from them.

@Circa

thx for reviews I will not buy

@Circa

I was contemplating buying one also - but after these reviews - I changed my mind. I'll go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to see what I can get there for less money. Thanks for the reviews.

View more comments (38)
Review
Cons
  • Hang up and lies
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

MyPillow in Ada, Oklahoma - CUT UP FOAM RUBBER AND READ THE FINE PRINT!!!

1.7
I have a My Pillow and have had it for a few years now but have always had to turn it and fluff it. When I received it, I was surprised at how lumpy it was because it is basically cut up pieces of foam rubber. Anyway, my husband and I use several pillows on our bed and our "down feather" pillows need to be replaced so when I saw the very enticing advertisement where My Pillow was offering "Buy One Get One", I thought I would give them a try one more time, so I went to their website to order and they basically have doubled their price so they can offer that special. Then I saw the little fine print where it says they will also bill your card for more pillows that they will be sending you in the future but you can return them if you decide to!!! OH and by the way... they offer a bad return policy as they deduct about $15.00 per pillow to pay for shipping. That is CRAZY! I am putting my credit card away! Ridiculous company! I can't understand how they are not being reported with FRAUD!

It’s not made of rubber moron

I thought it was only me that found this pillow lumpy but apparently not. I just hate this awful pillow and never use it.

When I called their main office I was shocked by the price and there was no mention of any other free pillow.

What a con. I can't imagine how they are still in business.

Just wanted to say if you have a decent feather pillow you can wash them and they take a while to dry but they come out like new! Just like when you bought them!

At least mine do!

I always thought the my pillow was a scam. Seriously how can a bunch of cut up foam support your neck!

#1319184

Wow! I had card ready and was on the website to respond to the My Pillow 4 pack special advertised in the AARP magazine.

I could not find the advertised special anywhere then started reading the reviews.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to share your experiences! I won't waste my money!

Thanks for the reviews. I will not be buying any. Totally changed my mind

I certainly appreciate all of you taking the time to write reviews of warning about the MyPillow products. I was just about to order the buy one/get one free arrangement, but now that I've read all the reviews, I'm absolutely not going to go any further. Thank you for saving me what sounds like a great deal of hassle and frustration!

I was just about to order BOGO, but have certainly changed my mind after reading the comments.

Almost went to buy as well until I read all the details. Also the buy one get one free is bull.

You can buy a single pillow on there web site for 59.99.

Or u can do the buy one get one free for 99.99. Yes that a 20$ discount but thay dosent look like buy one get one free.

I hate the "My Pillow". Just cut up foam which you can find in a cheap version.

This material is not going to conform to your likes.

It gave me a stiff neck. If you are going to spend that kind of money try a "Hotel Pillow" found on the internet

I always check reviews before purchasing any product that is highly advertised. I will not be purchasing this pillow after reading the reviews. However I suggest that everyone who has had a problem with this company should file a complaint with your respective state attorney general and the attorney general where the company is located.

@***nir

I am going do look into that after my phone call to the company today

View more comments (10)
Review
Cons
  • Foam rubber pieces
  • Fine print

MyPillow in Bronx, New York - My Pillow - beware of returns

We called them for an RMA to exchange a small pillow for larger size. I sent it back, at my own expense, with a letter requesting the X-Large size. They instead returned a medium size to me, saying they do not read instructions sent with the return, because they once found a scorpion in the box! They refused to pay for postage on second incorrect replacement because they said we requested a medium in the call requesting an RMA. Who does not follow written instructions made with a return? And it is taking 18 days for the turnaround. So be prepared to pay return shipping, be prepared to wait, and make sure you give exact instructions when you request an RMA because they do not read instructions enclosed in the return..

Mypillow Pillow Review

I spent 60 dollars in a pillow that was so uncomfortable. ..very sad...I threw away my receipt cause I thought it would work...not even. ..terrible sleep and I cannot return it without my proof of purchase

MyPillow in New York, New York - Categorical False Advertising

Due to neck issues, I need a firm pillow, and after seeing multiple advertisements for My Pillow, including full-page ads in the NY Times, called the toll-free number, explained my need, and was assured by the operator that I would be sent the firmest pillow. (There's a color code which My Pillow uses.) WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE I received. Not only was the pillow not "firm," it was softer than anything I currently use. Moreover, it struck me as being cheaply made, and no better than anything which I could buy locally -- at a lower price. As far as I'm concerned, My Pillow is all hype, and a borderline consumer fraud. Alas, after the fact I mentioned this incident to several people, one of whom stated that she also had ordered a product from My Pillow, and also thought it was junk. In her case, she said that she didn't bother to spend her time writing a review, and simply used the My Pillow product as another floor pad for her dog. My first mistake: I never took the time to research the reviews of this product, and I hope that my irritating experience with this overblown, falsely-advertised product will save others from ordering this junk and having a similar headache PS: I now have to go through the effort of buying a carton in which to return the product (as it came in shrink-wrap packaging), and then paying to return it. Edward Hochman New York City

Thank you. You saved me a lot of money and headache.

I am glad I read this and the rest of the complaints before ordering two of them as gifts. Thanks for the review.

I guess everyone is different as I had a different experience. I was having neck pain for over 3 years and after ordering my pillow, I no longer have any pain.

I use to wake up in so much pain and couldn't even turn my neck. I am now..........PAIN FREE!

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Misleading Information Review

C1 and C2 are the atlas and the axis --- not the Atlas n the ulna like u just said on infomercial. Jusy sayin....