11.6K views
Featured Not resolved

I have to say, buyer beware. I ordered the mattress topper and it arrived with a tear.

The same day it arrived I sent customer service a photo, and also showed where part of the topper had been glued. Who ever shipped it knew there was a problem. The topper is vacuum sealed and I could not imagine getting it back into the box. The resolution from customer service was to donate it to Salvation Army or Goodwill, get a receipt and they would send a new one.

My problem is that I live in a small town in Colorado. We only have Habitat for Humanity and they do not accept soft bedding donations. The closest Goodwill/Salvation Army is a 2 hour drive each way. Their solution to this was for me to ship it back at my expense.

They also said I could cut it up into small pieces to ship it back at my expense. Long story short is we settled for a 20% refund. You need to be aware that if you get a defective topper, it will become your problem. I have their pillows and now the topper which is usable and comfortable, but I am not sure how long it will last with the tear.

Very poor quality control and totally unsatisfactory customer service. It is unimaginable that they would send out a product with a defect that they tried to glue back and make it the problem of the customer.

Review about: Mypillow Mattress Topper.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Product comfortable.

I didn't like: Quality control, Ship defective product, No warranty, Did not care, Return shipping at my expens.

Comments

I never trusted "my pillow" to begin with .... Made in the USA doesn't mean they are of good quality when you have a cheesy commercial by the nut selling it !!

His voice alone has stopped me from purchasing any products !!!

You can tell a lot from a persons voice and looks when selling !! Just because they wear a Cross, doesn't mean you can trust them !!!

It came damaged and the company who claims to stand by their product should have shipped a new one immediately at no cost to buyer and also send him a prepaid return postage if they want their defective one back. END OF STORY,!I will never purchase from this company. Too many lawsuits against them

I understand your situation living in a rural area..however hind sight is 20/20 about returns..Always check on who will pay for what? I wish the company would have credited you 20-30% back..It would have made it a better fix as you still got a benefit of the pillows and the tear probably won't matter..unless you yank on it...hope it works out for you...

Well that made me change my mind about buying one.

I was thinking , I would buy 1, NOT NOW..

With all due respect, with the number of complaints concerning the pillow that seems to be substandard, why would anyone think the mattress topper be any different?The only good thing is that it is an American company, but when quality and customer service is poor, that negates the whole conceptI have bought pillows online (from a company based in New England) and have been very satisfied with them there was no constant television ads. Found them by doing a google search. Then I purchased very expensive pillows from a local mattress company and again, very satisfied.

Buy in store not over phone. Bed bath beyond sells it.

Even the price online with their so called discount is a scam. With 20% off coupon at bed bath beyond, its cheaper and they take anything back anytime

You fight the credit card chare

This company is a rip off company from the beginning, run by a crackhead. I checked their pillows out a long time ago and laughed at their so called patented fill.

Lol cut up foam actually. That being said i always use a credit card to buy online that way i can dispute charge and get money back

to Smart one #1524022

Are you the one able to 'cast the first stone"? Unkind words...his previous life and now recovered thanks to God..and he employs those that need a second chance in their lives due to also a negative lifestyle.

Don’t ever let bad customer service go without reckoning. Make sure you find out who is responsible and how to make them pay for their negligence!!!

I ordered the mattress topper, every morning the thing is hanging off the bed by at least 3 inches. called the customer service and they told me it would cost me $100.00 to ship it back, so I could donate it to a non-profit and send them a receipt, they would refund my money, how ever after I did that , they charged me for 2 pillows that came with it (that are crummy) and that I did not order , then they charged me tax , I don't live in their tax zone , they charged me shipping and handling which was supposed to be free, the end result is they charged me $100.00 dollars for spending 4 weeks of misery putting my sheets and topper back on the bed every morning. This guy preaches a good con-man venue, but provide dime store products at high prices DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

I really feel sorry for the people who get sucked in to a product that’s not what it suppose to be!

I ordered my back in march of 2018. Still haven't received it and I was told my type of topper (king) was on back-order.

They told me that it would be here in two to four weeks.

It is now been more than a month. Buy it from Amazon, they at least ship.

No it’s your problem that your live in a small town in Colorado 2 hours drive each way from a goodwill / Salvation Army. Did anyone tell you to live in this type of place?

But you want to make it their problem when they had nothing to do with your decision to live where you live. So ... you don’t live near a church or something that you could not donate it to?

If you weren’t a total retard maybe you’d see the point here is to donate it and get a receipt. I’m sure a church who can give you a receipt would have been acceptable had you thought of it but you only thought to come in here and whine about why where you live is their problem not a consequence of your decision to live there.

to Clearbluesky #1428082

It's amazing how someone would reply with such a pathetic response. The customer purchased the item in good faith and should of received a quality item without flaw.

Living in a small town with or with out a Goodwill has nothing to do with good or bad customer service. The company should of sent out a new My Pillow Topper with a prepaid return label. The loss should be with the company who can and usually does right off items as losses at the end of the year..... It shouldn't be a burden to the customer.

The real point is the company sending out a defective product and not replacing it and not about donating something... The company has the responsibility to right a wrong and apparently they didn't. That's not good customer service nor is it good business... BTW, referring or calling someone a retard is a desperate attempt to express an opinion.

It actually highlights one's ignorance... Think about what you say before you say it.

to Anonymous #1437272

to Jeff #1538216

Agreed! That comment was totally unacceptable and rude!

to Anonymous #1447672

How dare you. He shouldn't gone through any of this to begin with.

Stop your whining. Oh you must be in quality control.

to Anonymous #1492348

Well said and her review made my decision to not buy one, it’s BS that company makes enough money where they could have sent her another one...I don’t like the looks of that guy he’s a freaking fraud! lol