21.4K views
Featured Not resolved

I have to say, buyer beware. I ordered the mattress topper and it arrived with a tear.

The same day it arrived I sent customer service a photo, and also showed where part of the topper had been glued. Who ever shipped it knew there was a problem. The topper is vacuum sealed and I could not imagine getting it back into the box. The resolution from customer service was to donate it to Salvation Army or Goodwill, get a receipt and they would send a new one.

My problem is that I live in a small town in Colorado. We only have Habitat for Humanity and they do not accept soft bedding donations. The closest Goodwill/Salvation Army is a 2 hour drive each way. Their solution to this was for me to ship it back at my expense.

They also said I could cut it up into small pieces to ship it back at my expense. Long story short is we settled for a 20% refund. You need to be aware that if you get a defective topper, it will become your problem. I have their pillows and now the topper which is usable and comfortable, but I am not sure how long it will last with the tear.

Very poor quality control and totally unsatisfactory customer service. It is unimaginable that they would send out a product with a defect that they tried to glue back and make it the problem of the customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Mattress Topper.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Product comfortable.

I didn't like: Quality control, Ship defective product, No warranty, Did not care, Return shipping at my expens.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 06, 2017.

Comments

OurBrownBear397

thx for your review. it was enlightening.

This is the reason I will definitely not order from them.

I am not buying one after reading this! Too much $ to throw away!

to Judy B #1581305

Forget it will not buy!

Was thinking of buying one. Absolutely will not buy anything from them now. Thank you for this

You've seen the commercials, how can you trust a guy with cheap hair dye. I pass on the pillow

That is so unless uncool I was going to buy one now there's no way I'll get it

This happened to us but with a memory foam mattress. What you do is donate to a private person, friend or who ever because law states you cannot donate or sell mattress to habitat, Salvation Army, etc.

When you donate to private person, write up receipt, date it and have them sign it. Take picture of receipt send to Amazon and they will credit you full amount including shipping

You have to be leary of this 20 year crackhead. Charging that much for a pillow with cut up foam is a gimmick.

My husband and I have had our my pillows since Christmas. We absolutely love them.

Slept on our new my pillow topper for the first time last night. Soo much better than our mattress alone.

Does exactly what it says... Keeping us cool with the support you need!

Reviews like this, is why I never ordered. Thanks for sharing

I have 2 pillows. I bought them at bed bath and beyond.

I LOVE them and I don’t leave home without them.

I wash and dry them, sometimes I just throw them into the dryer to fluff them. This is my experience and my opinion and I do not work for them nor am I Mike!!!

Too many negative comments so I I'm not wasting 250.00 Thanks to all

Why didn't you file a complaint with the BBB or contact your local news station investigation team. Nobody likes bad publicity.

I'm sure you'll receive the balance of your refund. Also, send a letter to the CEO with pictures.

Shame on you "my pillow "

I never trusted "my pillow" to begin with .... Made in the USA doesn't mean they are of good quality when you have a cheesy commercial by the nut selling it !!

His voice alone has stopped me from purchasing any products !!!

You can tell a lot from a persons voice and looks when selling !! Just because they wear a Cross, doesn't mean you can trust them !!!

to Anonymous #1571321

Omg... I felt the same way from the first time I watched the commercial! I truly get bad vibes from this guy!

to Anonymous #1577708

Totally agree! The first time I saw his pillow commercial years ago I told my husband that the guy was a conman. For example - you can buy one My Pillow at retail store for about $50 but if you order directly from the manufacturer it's offered as a buy one get one free deal at $100 (so really they're making you buy two) In my opinion that's enough of a con to let anyone know their true nature.

to Anonymous #1597867

I would be willing to pay just to not have to see those commercials.

OurBrownBear397
to Anonymous #1598809

OH, I fully agree with you!!