Mypillow - Makes You Pay When Their Product Fails

The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company and told them about it. They told me to pack the pillow up, take it to the post office and mail it back to them.

I said, "So you guys sold me a defective product and now to rectify your faulty workmanship, I have to spend time packing it up, wait in line at the P.O. and then incur further expense of my own in shipping it back to you? How about if I take a picture of it and e-mail you the picture?" Guy said nope, I'd have to ship it back at my own expense. I told him I could sew it up myself in the time it would take to pack it and stand in line and it wouldn't cost me the money to ship it, either. He said you'll void your warranty if you do that. I said, well what good is the warranty when it will cost me extra money whenever your product that is supposed to be of quality fails? He basically said well, that's our policy, take it or leave it. His whole demeanor was that of not really giving a fig.

This company represents itself as one that takes pride in its work and cares about its customers. Once they get your money, you're pretty much on your own and SOL though. Do not do business with these people.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Warranty shipping policy

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #631902

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mypillow? Submit review ›
Helpful? 36 Yes 36 20 No 20
Had the same issue 14 Yes 14
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 02 #1120846

save yourself the 50 or 100 dollars or whatever and just go to wal-mart and buy a nice sleep serenity pillow for 25-30 dollars and thank me later.

4 0 Reply

Jan 19 #1097365

Thanks for the reviews!!! You just changed my mine on purchasing a pair of them also. Sounds like just another rip-off.

6 1 Reply

Aug 10, 2015 #1017779

After reading all these negative reviews about the company "MY PILLOW" . I would like to thank you all for helping me make my hands down decision. So I'm ordering 4 tonight... JUST KIDDING.... But I was ready to order 2 with the promo code (my97) to bring the price down to 100 thanks again

6 3 Reply

Dec 24, 2015 #1083341

It's a great pillow. A lil expensive but I sleep great. No neck pain that I used to have a def wake up less

2 4 Reply

Jan 01 #1087199 Las Vegas, Nevada

I looked at my pillow website and found something odd. They offered to let you buy one pillow and get one free for only $99.97.
Then they say, if you want one pillow, it is only $49.99. If that is the case, where is the so-called free pillow?
If it was truly 2 for 1, then the price should have been $49.99 for two pillows.
Stay away from this company. It doesn't pass the smell test.

11 1 Reply

Aug 06, 2015 #1016684

Thank you for the picture it is a perfect visual that the pillow is not made well. The stuffing along says alot.
Also to read the complains of return is a nightmare and a road I do not wish to travel. Thank you and all who have taken the time to provide personal review of my pillow. Same me from stress anxiety and frustration - who needs that and shame on the company for bad behavior. Good faith business always wins when manufacture steps up to plate in doing the right thing in customer safaction.

11 3 Reply

May 18, 2015 #985872

THIS example goes to show that you can NEVER trust any fancy TV commercial are the way to go. Research any info-mercial type goods BEFORE you part with your money! OP: if it helps, get the attention of your local TV media OR file a complain with the AG where Mypillow is. Hate it when companies do not honor their word and sell you crappy stuff without recourse. Not the right way to do business!

13 2 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982321

Last time I checked, even Wal-Mart doesnt give me gas money to return a product to them!

6 20 Reply

May 20, 2015 #986381

But this ain't Walmart, where you go all the time; This is a company from where you order one-time and where shipping costs time and money. Read the OP's post. Just because their product was defective should he/she have to waste time and a $25 shipping bill (My Pillow only takes UPS or FedEx, not USPS) to get satisfaction on a defective product? From the photo, it is obvious the pillow was defective. From reading other reviews, the seam issue is a common one and even when the pillows have been returned for replacement, little satisfaction has been granted to customers by this scam of an outfit.

18 2 Reply

Feb 24 #1117272

Amazon accepts returns at no cost if the reason for returning is their fault. They even send UPS to pick up the package and put on a sticker with the address for the return. Check these places out before buying from them. You get what you pay for. If you return a small inexpensive item to Amazon they will tell you to keep the item and they send you another one.

5 1 Reply

May 11 #1157553 Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Amazon is amazing - it's my 'go to' place to buy anything I can! :o) Their customer service sets the standard.

2 0 Reply

May 07, 2015 #981083

Yeah that's standard practice to avoid people scamming for extra products. It costs approximately $5 to ship the package and saves you from paying ~$40 for a new one.

8 8 Reply

May 12, 2015 #982898

Look at the picture posted; It's clearly a defective product that should have been replaced by the company without the consumer having to spend time, effort and money to have replaced.

17 4 Reply

May 07, 2015 #980990

Are a frigging ***, or an ***???? ALL companies require you to send the product back to them at YOUR expense.

5 19 Reply

May 12, 2015 #982896

Not so, ***. When the hard drive on my H-P computer failed when it was still under warranty, they sent me a pre-paid container in which to send it back to them and they quickly replaced it with a functioning one.

19 1 Reply

May 12, 2015 #982938

Yes, this poster who is sticking up for this company which probably will not even be in business within a year or so to honor their "10 year warranty" is delusional. He/she is probably a shill for this company that will most likely be dissolved after this heavily funded media blitz plays out.

18 2 Reply

Jun 17, 2015 #996090 Minneapolis, Minnesota

This "Company" has already been around for 10 years and isn't going anywhere.

1 6

May 17, 2015 #985339

Anon May 7 # 980990
You are without a doubt a real ***. Wrong! Not all companies require products to be sent back at the expense of the one who got screwed by inferior products.
I sure hope you live out in the boonies and have no dealings with the public sector. Your attitude is really effed up.
From Carla R.

15 1 Reply

Jun 30, 2015 #1001815 Delevan, New York

WRONG - most honorable companies will pay for return shipping if their product(s) are not satisfactory. Wise up people!

10 0 Reply

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.