3K views

We bought two pillows and found them to be fairly comfortable. We washed them and dried them just as they suggested at least every four months.

We went away and stored them in a zip lock bag for a month. When we returned and removed the pillows they were full of mold. The pillows were in a cool closet and no moisture could have gotten in.Have no idea how this could have happened as we also had other pillows stored in the same closet in the same manner and had no mold on them ?

I called My Pillow and they asked if i tried washing the mold out ???????

Review about: Mypillow Pillow.

Comments

It's not possible that moisture got into the zip-lock bags. You didn't dry them properly.

You can contest this verbally till the end of time and you'll still be wrong. I'm no fan of My Pillows, (I purchased one for my wife and she tossed it after the first night). But you need to know you're wrong here.

There's no magic happening in your home. You simply didn't dry the pillows.

to JoJoCamel #1426312

I think the pillows are impossible to dry fully...it’s A PILLOW! How are you going to get the center dry even if you follow the manufacturer’s directions exactly.

Buffalo, New York, United States #828268

Obviously the pillows were NOT thoroughly dried before you put them in a zip lock bag.This is not a problem with the pillows ...it is a problem caused by the owners and how they stored the pillows.

to anonymous #850664

Not to mention, as I observe, the reviewer lives in Tampa. I'm a native Floridian and also live in that area.

There is no such thing as a humid-free closet in Florida unless you have a dehumidifier nearby or in the closet itself.

In fact, if the pillows were stored on the floor, there is no doubt they would get substantial mold even in a zip lock-style bag.