11.9K views

My wife purchased two My Pillow brand foam pillows. Not only are they uncomfortable, causing stiff necks but we both started getting headaches in the night.

We didn't put two and two together. I started getting a tightness in my chest and shortness of breath again not thinking about our new wunder pillows. Finally went to the Dr. Well after an EKG, lab work, echo cardiogram, chest xrays, nuclear med test, endoscopy and a few other tests everything came back negative.

We finally put the symptoms in the time line of the new pillows. We took them off the bed and within four days the symptoms started to subside. Still have a little burning in the chest when taking a deep breath but no more headaches and getting better by the minute. The foam is out gassing and the odor is so strong that in 4 weeks it did not dissipate.

I'm not sure what I can do, if anything at this point, but buyer be ware. I am not sensitive to these things and have no allergies or anything medically wrong with me. I am a very healthy 60 year old gym rat in fine health.This was a direct result of the contents of these pillows. My wife is so relieved as am I.

We really thought that I had something very seriously wrong and had many a sleepless night while waiting for test results. This has been a terrible experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Comments

I am so glad I came across these posts! I have been suffering with upper respiratory and lots of eye problems.

Been to the Dr for my eyes many times. Have wrapped every part of my bed with allergy covers no help. I am going to stop using “my pillow “ today.

Will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

I have always pulled back from purchasing these at Costco for the same reason. They say "made in America", but it does not specify WHERE the materials are sourced.

For a pillow's contents, this seems very important.

Have heard from many people that they bought various well known brands of mattress "gel" pads and developed health issues and allergies they had never had. Turns out the "gel" is a chemical compound the famous American company (*NOT My Pillow Company though the do make a pad) obtains this "gel" fill from China and the exact chemical ingredients are not known or listed, seems they can "vary", which seems strange ?

Crazy I started having similar symptoms Finall realized that it was the pillows!

I bought two king size My Pillows from Costco. I was excited having read all the reviews.

I put them in the dryer, put on 2 new pillow cases, and within 5 minutes, I felt my body having a reaction. I thought it might be something else. I slept with my old pillows and no reaction. The next night, I tried the MyPillows again.

Same reaction. I have been through a anaphylactic shock 10 years ago and this scared me. Something in those pillows is not right.

Tomorrow they go back to Costco. Please be careful!

I was about to buy1

Same thing happened to me - after 2 steroid dose packs for severe allergic reaction - we thought hand soap or detergent, after reading this - got rid of the pillows - symptoms went away. there is a gas or dust emitting from these and putting them in the dryer activates it and makes it worse

We want to burn our my pillows, or should we just take to the dump ? Worst pillows we have ever owned. We were scammed and screwed

#1462016

I’ve been waking up with headaches and a stiff neck every day for over a month and realized it might be my pillow. My mother as well and we both have these pillows.I’m going to discontinue using this and see if my symptoms clear up. I was beginning to think it was from the flu.

The #1 cause of occupational asthma is from exposure to diisocyanates. There are many uses of diisocyanates but especially in the fabrication of rigid and semi-rigid polyurethane foams (bed mattresses, furniture cushions and pillows, auto seats and headrests).

It is also used in paints, spray bed truck liners, and all types of adhesives. Developing an allergy is not uncommon, esp after repeated exposures, and it’s a big deal to protect workers in industries that use it. Asthma type reactions, skin reactions like rashes, hives, and eye irritation can all be induced from diisocyanates (it’s a sensitizer). Guess what?...

your MyPillow is made polyurethane foam which can only be made with diisocyanates. I am also allergic to my MyPillow (which has been washed many times) which was given to me as a gift. It’s super uncomfortable because it’s just chunks of foam so I would use it on my couch when I would doze off watching tv rather than in my bed.

I could never figure out why just the left side of my face kept breaking out in a rash but it’s that stupid pillow. I hope this helps.

Omgosh! I just googled this out of boredom bc ive been dealing with horrible itchy scalp.

No rash showing tho.

And my 4 yr old has mentioned that also.. i think i may take off the bed for awhile to see if symptoms go away.

I bought the my pillow three weeks ago and after a week developed a rash all around my eyes, went to doctor and was told it was allergies and was told to purchase eye drops with antihistamine. Tried this for a week with no improvement so went back to the doctor and this time was prescribed eye drops with antibiotics.

Prior to starting the new eye drops I realized that the only two things new were the my pillow and a new car so I switched back to my old pillow and the next morning the rash was more or less gone. its been three days now not using the my pillow and the rash is gone but skin continues to peel around my eyes similar to a bad sunburn.

So glad it was not my new car causing this. Anyway I will try to get my money back but from what I have read about the customer service I am not hopeful.

#1419065

Me too! Received the pillow for Christmas and I finally used it and I have itchy blotches all over my face this morning.

to Virginia #1423224

We just got ours a couple months ago. I’ve recently started complaining my neck and head itch and seem to always have a headache in the morning...

one of those lingering kinds that annoy more than they hurt.

Thinking I may have found a reason. Time to test the theory and remove the pillow from the equation.

I developed an itchy very large red patch.on my back as well as rash under and over my breast within a week of using the pillow. I also got a lighter rash on my face.

I now realize that the rashes are contact dermatitis from the pillow.

I have discontinued use of the pillow and thoroughly washed all bed linens. The rash is slowly disappearing, but continues to itch and is red after a week of treatment with various remedies to clear these skin problems.

Same problem. Sleet on them 1 night and face broke out in hives and dry patches.

Purchased on QVC and have a call into their customer service department. Someone is suppose to get back to me.

I go to sleep quickly and deeply but I have major headaches when I wake up. I thought I was the only one!

Claremore, Oklahoma, United States #1338715

I have purchased one and now I have breathing get problems bad...I wonder if it's the pillow? It's the only new things going that I have changed.

Wow, I am now wondering about my My Pillow also. I have had some sinus issues, mucous and I took the pillow away last night and will see over the next few days how I feel.

I had allergies many years ago to feathers but never knew it till I was tested. I would wake up with nasty headaches. Once I took them away I was better.

I like the owner of the company Mike but wow maybe it is not for everyone. Maybe I will call company.

to Ro #1335418

What I meant was I stopped sleeping on the pillow that had the downe or feathers in it. I need to find a hypoallergenic, dust mite, etc free pillow.

to Ro #1568347

I’ve had the same issues!! Sinus/throat issues, mucus down my throat.

It’s very even going on for over a year and last night I slept without “my pillow” and I felt better. It dawned on me that it might be the “my pillow” so I’m going to sleep without it and see.