17.1K views
3.6
Style and Design

Bought a My Pillow for myself. I loved it and bought another for my husband.

It cost $50.00 at my local Walmart. I washed and dried it as recommended and am very displeased. My neck aches are back. I slept on my husband's unwashed pillow and no problems.

Wondered if this is a problem anyone else has encountered? Still loved my original before washing.

I want a new one but do not see any promotion codes on the website and prices are conflicting. Thanks for any opinions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Reason of review: My pillow did not retain it's original condition after laundering as recommended and advertised. Loved it before but very uncomfortable after..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Comfort until laundering.

I didn't like: Very uncomfortable after laundering as recomended.

Comments

Mine is not the same after W&D , it’s lumpy, hard to find a comfy stop to get settle into.but once you do it’s wonderful

Mine is giving me a headache after washing and drying due to a chemical odor. Thought I was the only one until reading comments from others. Liked the pillow but will not wash if I get another one.

Washed My Pillow several times. What is your problem people.

Washed and dried beautifully.

Had no problem. Had mine several years.

I think My Pillows suck, my pillow is headed for the dumpster. What ever happened to the old fashion feather pillows.

Washed and dried as per instructions now I have a very bad chemical smell

to Anonymous buyer #1541544

I have the same problem. Called customer service and was told she never heard of this.

The pillow reeks of a bleach smell.

I aired it in the sun with no change..the company has NO solutions for me I will look elsewhere. Again before I washed it it was fine..

The pillow is guarantee for 10 years. Get a hold of company and see what they say.

Have had pillow for some time now. Washed it and am having a tough time getting it dry.

Took it to local laundry store and rewashed and dryed it for close to an hr after doing the same at home. It smelled after this and I realized it was not completely dry.

Can’t seem to get it dry and spent $9 today.It shouldn’t be this difficult.Your rep suggested I dry it again with towels to provide friction. Costing me money that I shouldn’t have to spend.

I love my pillow. I didn't put it in the dryer first before using it.I didn't find a whole lot of difference at first.Then I put it in the dryer as recommended, and wow what a difference.Just love it.THANKS Mike

If you order one from MyPillow, use the code TDC and get 30% off. I just did it and it works every time on all products.

I read this post today with some trepidation, as I was getting ready to put my “My Pillow” in the washing machine for the first time. Well, I did so, and am happy to report it came out just fine.

I would suggest that one simply follow the directions on the My Pillow website.

The key is to use the maximum spin cycle in the washer, and high heat for a long time in the dryer.I have been quite happy with the My Pillow. Simple + smart.

Mine is also *** after washing, and the customer service line are ***

#1421966

Mine is to thick to use after cleaning per factory instruction s...$50 down the drain!

to gmaw1953 #1459075

If you contact mypillow, they will send you a new one, no questions asked.

I used the my pillow. It felt like no had slept on a board or concrete block.

I contacted them and they offered nothing but another pillow. The commercial was a lie. You won't get offered reimbursement. The pillow was horrible.

I went back to my Wal-Mart pillow which was softer and more comfortable.

I tried the pillow hoping for what was advertised and I didn't get what the commercial said at all. These pillows are too expensive to be so horrible.

AFTER WASHING MINE IT GOT LUMPY ! I WASHED WITH A LITTLE SOAP ,THEN RAN IT AGAIN WITH NO SOAP HAD TO SPIN IT TWICE, DRY ON LOW HEAT ON & OFF FOR SEVERAL HOURS,BUT STILL LUMPY !

Yes! Same thing happen to me! It became a solid foam “rock” that left me with daylong neck and headaches

I never had any problems after washing/drying!

After washing and drying "My Pillow" I noticed an chemical like odor.. Could it have been the heat from the drying that bought out somel odors from the fill?

to Anonymous #1364145

Me too...someone please reply!