14.5K views
3.6
Style and Design

Bought a My Pillow for myself. I loved it and bought another for my husband.

It cost $50.00 at my local Walmart. I washed and dried it as recommended and am very displeased. My neck aches are back. I slept on my husband's unwashed pillow and no problems.

Wondered if this is a problem anyone else has encountered? Still loved my original before washing.

I want a new one but do not see any promotion codes on the website and prices are conflicting. Thanks for any opinions.

This person wrote the review because of "my pillow did not retain it's original condition after laundering as recommended and advertised. loved it before but very uncomfortable after." of mypillow pillow from Mypillow. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $50 and wants Mypillow to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was very uncomfortable. Author liked the most comfort until laundering. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments

Have had pillow for some time now. Washed it and am having a tough time getting it dry.

Took it to local laundry store and rewashed and dryed it for close to an hr after doing the same at home. It smelled after this and I realized it was not completely dry.

Can’t seem to get it dry and spent $9 today.It shouldn’t be this difficult.Your rep suggested I dry it again with towels to provide friction. Costing me money that I shouldn’t have to spend.

I love my pillow. I didn't put it in the dryer first before using it.I didn't find a whole lot of difference at first.Then I put it in the dryer as recommended, and wow what a difference.Just love it.THANKS Mike

If you order one from MyPillow, use the code TDC and get 30% off. I just did it and it works every time on all products.

I read this post today with some trepidation, as I was getting ready to put my “My Pillow” in the washing machine for the first time. Well, I did so, and am happy to report it came out just fine.

I would suggest that one simply follow the directions on the My Pillow website.

The key is to use the maximum spin cycle in the washer, and high heat for a long time in the dryer.I have been quite happy with the My Pillow. Simple + smart.

Mine is also *** after washing, and the customer service line are ***

#1421966

Mine is to thick to use after cleaning per factory instruction s...$50 down the drain!

to gmaw1953 #1459075

If you contact mypillow, they will send you a new one, no questions asked.

I used the my pillow. It felt like no had slept on a board or concrete block.

I contacted them and they offered nothing but another pillow. The commercial was a lie. You won't get offered reimbursement. The pillow was horrible.

I went back to my Wal-Mart pillow which was softer and more comfortable.

I tried the pillow hoping for what was advertised and I didn't get what the commercial said at all. These pillows are too expensive to be so horrible.

AFTER WASHING MINE IT GOT LUMPY ! I WASHED WITH A LITTLE SOAP ,THEN RAN IT AGAIN WITH NO SOAP HAD TO SPIN IT TWICE, DRY ON LOW HEAT ON & OFF FOR SEVERAL HOURS,BUT STILL LUMPY !

Yes! Same thing happen to me! It became a solid foam “rock” that left me with daylong neck and headaches

I never had any problems after washing/drying!

After washing and drying "My Pillow" I noticed an chemical like odor.. Could it have been the heat from the drying that bought out somel odors from the fill?

to Anonymous #1364145

Me too...someone please reply!

to Anonymous #1370783

Yes! Smells horrible.

I bought 4 and washed them all the same

Day. They all smell.

to Anonymous #1412835

Mine smells like chemicals, after the first wash.We had to put them outside we were feeling sick, and I was getting a headache from the stench. I am calling customer service.

White River Junction, Vermont, United States #1352408

Washed my pillows quite a few

times. Came out beautiful.

San Francisco, California, United States #1343584

We washed the pillow yesterday and had a big problem with the amount of water left in the pillow. My wife took the pillowinserts.com the walk in shower and pressed all of the extra water out.

We tried putting it in the dryer, but it didn't work. There was a lot of standing water in the dryer. We are letting it air dry.

What is the problem? We used a front loader.JohnColumbus, Oh

to Anonymous #1357440

I just washed my pillow this morning and I have the same exact problem! I had to wring it out before putting in the dryer and it had been in there for 3 cycles and still not dry and puddles in the dryer.

to Anonymous #1458382

Same problem...spinning it again...not happy!

Bridgeport, Ohio, United States #1342422

Got 2 my pillows a month ago. Ordered from the factory.

I love them & so does my husband. Just ordered 2 more for my daughter & SIL. My friend bought hers locally at a store & had problems after laundering. I don't know if that's the problem or not.

I got pillow covers to protect pillows & will wash the covers. So far these have been worth every penny we spent on them.