23.6K views
3.6

Bought a My Pillow for myself. I loved it and bought another for my husband.

It cost $50.00 at my local Walmart. I washed and dried it as recommended and am very displeased. My neck aches are back. I slept on my husband's unwashed pillow and no problems.

Wondered if this is a problem anyone else has encountered? Still loved my original before washing.

I want a new one but do not see any promotion codes on the website and prices are conflicting. Thanks for any opinions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Reason of review: My pillow did not retain it's original condition after laundering as recommended and advertised. Loved it before but very uncomfortable after..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

MyPillow Pros: Comfort until laundering.

MyPillow Cons: Very uncomfortable after laundering as recomended.

Comments

Dashae
@PissedConsumer1620971

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same problem, Thought my top loader was gonna lose it's basket!!!!!!!!!.

There is nothing on the care label that says "balance" with another pillow or towels. I had to search online to find out about that. It took a day and a half to dry, some dryer, some just sit out. AND, once completely dry?

It's not as supportive as before washing. WTF!!!!!!!.

I'm gonna call and ask for my money back!!!!!!!! Bought it in 2012, before Lindell was a multi-millionaire.

@PissedConsumer1620971

My Pillow takes forever (!!) to dry. Heavy duty spin cycle, 45 minutes, over and over again.

I love that I can wash it. I just wish it would dry. Whenever I wash one, I can only do one at a time because it takes days after coming out of the multiple heavy duty cycles to dry.

I only wash one at a time due to this drying issue. I have to air dry it for days before I can put it back on the bed.

Mine is not the same after W&D , it’s lumpy, hard to find a comfy stop to get settle into.but once you do it’s wonderful

Mine is giving me a headache after washing and drying due to a chemical odor. Thought I was the only one until reading comments from others. Liked the pillow but will not wash if I get another one.

#1642023
@PissedConsumer1597060

Same here

@PissedConsumer1597060

I had the same probkem. It took weeks for the odor to go away.

I won't wash again. Other than that, I really like the pillow.

Washed My Pillow several times. What is your problem people.

Washed and dried beautifully.

Had no problem. Had mine several years.

@PissedConsumer1590758

THANK YOU. ALTHOUGH MIINE WAS FINE FOR A TIME, WHEN COLD WET WEATHER CAME IT WREAKED HAVOC ON MY NECK.

I HAD TO USE ONE THAT IS RATHER FLAT AT THIS TIME. I RECCOMEND "MY PILLOW" TO EVERYONE. AND IF I WASN'T ON A FIXED INCOME, I WOULD GET THE TOPPER.

ARTHRITIS HAS MADE A DEBACLE OUT OF GETTING OUT OF BED. THANK YOU FOR COMING FROM A PLACE OF HELPING.

I think My Pillows suck, my pillow is headed for the dumpster. What ever happened to the old fashion feather pillows.

Washed and dried as per instructions now I have a very bad chemical smell

@PissedConsumer1536056

I have the same problem. Called customer service and was told she never heard of this.

The pillow reeks of a bleach smell.

I aired it in the sun with no change..the company has NO solutions for me I will look elsewhere. Again before I washed it it was fine..

@PissedConsumer1541544

Same issue; very strong bleach smell, giving me headaches.

@PissedConsumer1536056

Same issue

The pillow is guarantee for 10 years. Get a hold of company and see what they say.

Have had pillow for some time now. Washed it and am having a tough time getting it dry.

Took it to local laundry store and rewashed and dryed it for close to an hr after doing the same at home. It smelled after this and I realized it was not completely dry.

Can’t seem to get it dry and spent $9 today.It shouldn’t be this difficult.Your rep suggested I dry it again with towels to provide friction. Costing me money that I shouldn’t have to spend.

@PissedConsumer1521414

Same here! Costing as much as it does you Would think they would put that in the NOVEL they give you with it. Along with a coupon to buy more of the overpriced pillows that smell when you wash and takes days to dry it

@PissedConsumer1692345

So far, mine has been drying on high for 15 hours and it’s still not completely dry!

I love my pillow. I didn't put it in the dryer first before using it.I didn't find a whole lot of difference at first.Then I put it in the dryer as recommended, and wow what a difference.Just love it.THANKS Mike

If you order one from MyPillow, use the code TDC and get 30% off. I just did it and it works every time on all products.

I read this post today with some trepidation, as I was getting ready to put my “My Pillow” in the washing machine for the first time. Well, I did so, and am happy to report it came out just fine.

I would suggest that one simply follow the directions on the My Pillow website.

The key is to use the maximum spin cycle in the washer, and high heat for a long time in the dryer.I have been quite happy with the My Pillow. Simple + smart.

MyPillow Reviews