23.6K views
3.6

Bought a My Pillow for myself. I loved it and bought another for my husband.

It cost $50.00 at my local Walmart. I washed and dried it as recommended and am very displeased. My neck aches are back. I slept on my husband's unwashed pillow and no problems.

Wondered if this is a problem anyone else has encountered? Still loved my original before washing.

I want a new one but do not see any promotion codes on the website and prices are conflicting. Thanks for any opinions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Reason of review: My pillow did not retain it's original condition after laundering as recommended and advertised. Loved it before but very uncomfortable after..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

MyPillow Pros: Comfort until laundering.

MyPillow Cons: Very uncomfortable after laundering as recomended.

Comments

Mine is also *** after washing, and the customer service line are ***

#1421966

Mine is to thick to use after cleaning per factory instruction s...$50 down the drain!

@PissedConsumer1421966

If you contact mypillow, they will send you a new one, no questions asked.

I used the my pillow. It felt like no had slept on a board or concrete block.

I contacted them and they offered nothing but another pillow. The commercial was a lie. You won't get offered reimbursement. The pillow was horrible.

I went back to my Wal-Mart pillow which was softer and more comfortable.

I tried the pillow hoping for what was advertised and I didn't get what the commercial said at all. These pillows are too expensive to be so horrible.

AFTER WASHING MINE IT GOT LUMPY ! I WASHED WITH A LITTLE SOAP ,THEN RAN IT AGAIN WITH NO SOAP HAD TO SPIN IT TWICE, DRY ON LOW HEAT ON & OFF FOR SEVERAL HOURS,BUT STILL LUMPY !

@PissedConsumer1405944

Same thing happened to me! I lived it until I washed it!

Yes! Same thing happen to me! It became a solid foam “rock” that left me with daylong neck and headaches

I never had any problems after washing/drying!

After washing and drying "My Pillow" I noticed an chemical like odor.. Could it have been the heat from the drying that bought out somel odors from the fill?

@PissedConsumer1354850

Me too...someone please reply!

Yes! Smells horrible.

I bought 4 and washed them all the same

Day. They all smell.

@PissedConsumer1354850

Mine smells like chemicals, after the first wash.We had to put them outside we were feeling sick, and I was getting a headache from the stench. I am calling customer service.

@PissedConsumer1354850

I had the same..it has to be the filling. Many brands DONOT call for the fill to be washed..they have a removable cover..I stopped using the pillow having potential health concerns..now looking for an all natural fill i.e. untreated cotton

Washed my pillows quite a few

times. Came out beautiful.

We washed the pillow yesterday and had a big problem with the amount of water left in the pillow. My wife took the pillowinserts.com the walk in shower and pressed all of the extra water out.

We tried putting it in the dryer, but it didn't work. There was a lot of standing water in the dryer. We are letting it air dry.

What is the problem? We used a front loader.JohnColumbus, Oh

@PissedConsumer1343584

I just washed my pillow this morning and I have the same exact problem! I had to wring it out before putting in the dryer and it had been in there for 3 cycles and still not dry and puddles in the dryer.

@PissedConsumer1357440

Same problem...spinning it again...not happy!

Got 2 my pillows a month ago. Ordered from the factory.

I love them & so does my husband. Just ordered 2 more for my daughter & SIL. My friend bought hers locally at a store & had problems after laundering. I don't know if that's the problem or not.

I got pillow covers to protect pillows & will wash the covers. So far these have been worth every penny we spent on them.

I have washed both of mine 3 or 4 times and going to do so again today...came out perfect so not sure maybe you got a counterfit MY Pillow

I washed my pillow and it came out all yellow. It was trouble. What should i do?

MyPillow Reviews