7.2K views
Featured Not resolved

I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies.I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016.

It worked as advertised and I was initially happy with it. On Saturday morning, 11-19-16, that abruptly changed. Out of nowhere, I woke up with an incredible itchy, blotchy rash, pics attached. I went to immediate care and the MD told me I had a bad case of hives and to look at the new things in my life such as food, laundry detergent, etc.

The only thing I could point to was Mypillow. So, I put it away until early Monday morning. The hives stopped getting worse and seemed mitigate a bit because of the prednisone I was prescribed. Early Monday AM, I decided to do an experiment, resumed use and went back to sleep.

When I awoke, the hives were markedly worse and my lips and face became swollen. All told, it was a miserable experience that ruined my Thanksgiving break. Pinpointing the trigger for a histamine allergic reaction can be very tricky but when resuming use worsened the symptoms, that was enough for me. I discontinued use completely, completed my course of medication and in a week, the hives cleared.

I sent Mypillow back and await my refund. I'm not saying that if you try Mypillow you will get sick like I did. Clearly, if this problem was pervasive, they would be out of business.

But I did get sick and I am completely convinced, Mypillow was the cause.So I am doing what I regard as a public service and putting my experience out there for others to consider.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of mypillow standard classic pillow from Mypillow and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Mypillow to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was it gave my a bad case of hives. Author liked the most it seemed to work as advertised. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Mypillow?

Comments

Experiencing the same thing on my arms which I wrap my arms around when sleeping.Horrible immediately stopped using.

My doctor actually came to the conclusion that he thought it was from my pillow because of the way the hives were on my arms.He didn't know I had just bought this new pillow.

Leoti, Kansas, United States #1306388

I have had a mypillow for a yr and no problem, did you wash it before use, if you didn't it could have been a reaction to something used in the manufacture of it, if not you might becareful, with many things as not a lot to my pillow besides the foam and fabric. my suggestion would have been before you sent it back, to wash it first, because you could have picked up something and transferred it to the pillow unknowingly, then when ever you slept om it transferred it back to yourself, causing the problems.

Sbeaston
Dallas, Texas, United States #1267464

That looks like case of shingles!

to Sbeaston #1331820

I have to agree as a nurse it does appear to be shingles on the man who claims the rash was caused by my pillow

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #1257285

why would you perform your experiment before thanksgiving then be mad when you were messed up during thanksgiving

Irving, Texas, United States #1251596

We await your next review of MyPillow when you complain about having no pillow and no refund check.

Sedalia, Missouri, United States #1250416

the rash was on your leg. Exactly where did you put that pillow?

to Anonymous Irving, Texas, United States #1251599

Maybe he was riding his pillow.

to Anonymous Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany #1340760

That looks like an upper arm.