Lakewood, Washington

5/06/2019 - I recently purchased a 2-pc set of pillows (labeled Standard/Queen Premium; 100% shredded foam) designed and sold by "My Pillow" from my local COSTCO store. The pair cost $60.00 (guess they're not selling as well as they once were...) Anyway, I didn't actually believe it would help me, but decided to give it a try as I tend to sleep very light and do a lot of tossing and turning (no mattress has helped and I am currently sleeping on a mattress that cost over $1,000).

Anyway, the pillows I purchased is the one next to the firmest pillow they offer, which is not very firm at all. First of all, it appears to be cheaply made and the instructions we were given by the sales rep. "place pillows in dryer to fluff them up before first use; fluff up after every use; allow 3 days of testing before deciding whether or not we're satisfied with the product; wash pillows every couple of months" seemed a bit odd. The pillows come with a 10-Year warranty.

I have pillows, about 10 years old, that still have their shape and have been protected by pillow protectors. They are in "like new" condition. I have terrible allergies and there are many pillows made that claim to be "allergy free", which I have not found to be true. These are no exception.

I have not used my pillow protectors on the "My Pillow" product because I wanted to fully test them as they are. Generally, I use pillow protectors washed with a special detergent to help mitigate my allergy problem. In any event, after 4 days, I swapped the pillows out (without telling my husband) and asked him, the next morning, how he slept and what he thinks about the pillows. He said he had a very good night's sleep (he usually does unless his body has been aching).

In the meantime, the "My Pillow" pillows were swapped for a pair, that feel better made and were purchased on sale, from Costco, for around $10.00 a couple of months ago for use with shams. The Costco pillows are FIRM, filled with recycled and refined synthetic hypoallergenic fiber, a jumbo 2-pack, 300 thread count, and by "allerease". Using my husband as an unknowing test subject, I'm satisfied that the pillows by "My Pillow" are not what is claimed and will, therefore, be returning them to Costco for a full refund.

Don't take my word for it, do your own test. I am pretty sure the results will be the same.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: STOP THE FALSE ADVERTISING.

Comments